For Cognizant in our college 769 appeared for test had 3 sections and 451 were selected for next round means for interview.... out of which 237 were finally selected and i m one of the lucky person.
There were 3 sections in test each was having its own time....
1) Analytical (25 qustions in 25 min)
- problems on cube,ven diag,series,coding,some simultanious eqns n find variables... easy except ven diag
2) Verbal (25 questions in 25 mins)
- 2 passages each of 5 qns, sentence correction (correct, incorrect), jumble d sentences in correct order... was only tough
3) Non verbal (20 questoins in 20 min)
- odd fig out.... was very easy section.
u need to manage ur time in hall... dont waste ur precious time on lenghty one even if u know... first u solve dat can be solved in few seconds then u go for rest. there was no -ve marking so u can make ur guesses:)
Verbal section was tooo lengthy so i could not c a single line of two passages but tried for others cut off goes very low in verbal section so need not 2 worry.... rest section was very easy..... u need to practice for cubes, ven diags.... go through any good book... R.S.AGRAWAL u can follow
1) one cube is divided into 343 small cubes and assambled again as a one cube and now it is painted
how many cubes havin 0 face painted(ans....125)
how many cubes havin 1 face painted(ans....150)
how many cubes havin 2 face painted(ans.....60)
how many 3 face painted(ans...8)
how many more dan 2 face painted(ans...8)
2)based on codin.... in a system 1 is represented by $ and 0 by * then find the values of followings in d same system.... was very easy based on binary to decimal conversions... totally 5 qsns on this.
Finally interview :
person was very friendly, build ur confidence and dont be afraid.
Lambodar Kumar Mishra