Paper: ICICI Placement Paper (Aptitude &Technical)
1. Can you tender a one rupee note in such a manner that there shall be total 50 coins but none of them would be 2 paise coins.? Ans. 45 one paisa coins, 2 five paise coins, 2 ten paise coins, and 1 twenty-five paise coins.
2. A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top? Ans.18 hours.
3. The average age of 10 members of a committee is the same as it was 4 years ago, because an old member has been replaced by a young member. Find how much younger is the new member ? Ans.40 years.
4. Three containers A, B and C have volumes a, b, and c respectively; and container A is full of water while the other two are empty. If from container A water is poured into container B which becomes 1/3 full, and into container C which becomes 1/2 full, how much water is left in container A?
5. ABCE is an isosceles trapezoid and ACDE is a rectangle. AB = 10 and EC = 20. What is the length of AE? Ans. AE = 10
6. In the given figure, PA and PB are tangents to the circle at A and B respectively and the chord BC is parallel to tangent PA. If AC = 6 cm, and length of the tangent AP is 9 cm, then what is the length of the chord BC? Ans. BC = 4 cm.
7. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day. How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
(a) 8 hrs (b) 7 1/2 hrs (c) 7 hrs (d) 9 hrs Ans. (b)
8. Find the smallest number in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728
(a) 12 (b) 20 (c) 8 (d) none of these Ans. (c)
9. In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either. How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
A.0 B.3 C.4 D.5 (Ans.B)
10.temporary staff are paid $6.00 per hour. If 47 hours were worked last week by each of 7 temporary staff, what was the total bill?
A. $197 B. $282 C. $329 D. $846 E. $1974
11. If 625kg of fruit are required to produce 200 jars of jam, approximately how much fruit is required to produce 450 jars of jam?
A. 144kg B. 531kg C. 864kg D. 1270kg E.1406kg
12.A survey carried out on 1500 people showed that 37% liked a new product, while 32% were indifferent. If the rest said they disliked the product, how many people were in category?
A. 48 B. 237 C. 465 D. 945 E1020
13. In an average week, the computer is down for 2.75 hours. Lost revenue per hour is $425000. What is the approximate total revenue lost in a 52 week year?
A. $0.23m B. $8.04m C. $12.1m D. $47.26m E$60.78m
14. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a red shoe (Ans 5c1/ 9c1)
15. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned (Ans: Rs 66/-)
16. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen.
Ans: Cannot be determined.
17. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100% (Ans: 42.857%)
18. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to square. (Ans. 11/14 )
In question 1-7, each sentence has four underlined words or phrases. The four underlined parts of the sentence are marked (A), (B), (C), and (D). Identify the one underlined word or phrase that must be changed in order for the sentence to be correct.
1. The main office of the factory can be found in Maple Street in New York City.
a. the main
b. be found
2. Because there are less members present tonight than there were last night, we must wait until the next meeting to vote.
d. to vote
3. David is particularly fond of cooking, and he often cooks really delicious meals.
b. fond of
c. often cooks
4. The progress made in space travel for the early 1960s is remarkable.
c. in space
5. Sandra has not rarely missed a play or concert since she was seventeen years old.
a. not rarely
b. a play
d. was seventeen years old
6. The governor has not decided how to deal with the new problems already.
c. how to deal with
7. There was a very interesting news on the radio this morning about the earthquake in Italy.
a. there was
c. on the
1. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz b) 8 Khz c) 16 Khz d) 64 Khz Ans: (a)
7. Line of Sight is
a) Straight Line b) Parabolic c) Tx & Rx should be visible to each other
d) none Ans: (c)
2. Word alignment is
a) alligning the address to the next word boundary of the machine.
b) alligning to even boundary.
c) alligning to word boundary.
d) none of the above. Ans: (a)
3. When a 'C' function call is made, the order in which parameters passed to the function are pushed into the stack is
a) left to right b) right to left
c) bigger variables are moved first than the smaller variables.
d) smaller variables are moved first than the bigger ones.
e) none of the above. Ans: (b)
4. What is the type of signaling used between two exchanges?
a) inband b) common channel signaling c) any of the above
d) none of the above. Ans: (a)
5. Buffering is
a) the process of temporarily storing the data to allow for small variation in device speeds
b) a method to reduce cross talks
c) storage of data within transmitting medium until the receiver is ready to receive.
d) a method to reduce routing overhead. Ans: (a)