I attended infy exam om 6th august in hyderabad.About 5-6 qusetions were repeated but i did know that. I am happy as i qualified the exam and finished my interview yesterday in Infosys campus. One thing what i would like to mention, approach is very important, i attempted 9 questions in which one was surely wrong...but it was for the first time I solved most of the questions...so my approach was in my own way.....so try to solve th sum in ur own way,..there will be "n" number of ways to solve the sum....I am saying this because people who said that they solved 9 questions corectly..did not get through...
Be careful with English..take time and answer it...dont try to solve puzzles in that time...It may appear easy but it has traps.. I am just crossing my fingers and waiting for the result of interview.
1) The time taken by a Passenger train to overtake a Freight train is twice of what it takes for the Passenger Train to pass the Freight Train when they are in opposite direction. What is the relation between their Velocities?
Solution: Let Vp -> Velocity of Passenger Train
Let Vf -> Velocity of Passenger Train
t1 = 2t2
2) This one is a very log question but easy if you have time to read and solve! It will consume lot of time, so do it at last, (8 Marks)
There are 5 towns - nalanda, thrilothika, rampur , solanpur and maninagar. So say N, T, S, R, M. Out of these, 4 are capitals, 3 industrial towns, two hill stations, two towns are on same longitude. Population of two cities is less than five lakhs and that of one city is 20 lakhs, also of other two cities is more than 50 lakhs. Thirlothika is an industrial town. Maninagars population is 20 lakhs. There are 4 capitals and two industrial towns. Now some data are given involving longitudes and latitudes such as, one of the hill stations do not lie in the longitude in which the harbour which is also an industrial town lies and so on. Rampur and thrilothika lies on same longitude. Solapur and Maninagar lies on same latitude like that. And also, the population of the towns is involved from which the following four questions should be answered, combinations were given for each question )
a. Which of the following combination has less than 5 lakhs population.
Ans: Nalanda and Rampur (100% Sure)
b. The town which is a harbour, industrial town and capital
Ans: Thrilothika (100% Sure)
c. Which of the following combination have more than 50 lakhs population.
Ans: Thrilothika and solanpur (100% Sure)
d. The town that is not a capital
Ans: Nalanda (100% Sure)
3) A cow is standing 5 feet from the middle of the bridge. A train is coming towards the cow at speed of 90 miles per hour from the near end and the train is twice as long as the bridge. If the cow had tried to move forward in the same direction as of the train then the cow would have got hit be three feet. But it moved in opposite direction to the train and saved by one feet. Then What is the length of the bridge?
4) In a Park, there were certain birds in each tree. Number of birds in each tree equals to the number of trees in the park. The gate keeper is sure that there are around 2000 - 2100 birds altogether in the park.What is the total number of trees in the park?
Ans: 45 trees.
Ans:there are x no of trees.n no of birds=x*x, so check out d perfect square b/w
2000 n 2100. ans is 45
5) A man built a house. He should pay amount to these persons: paper hanger, painter, plumber, merchant, carpenter. He found that, ha should pay for
6) clark, jones, mason, smith are 4 ppl. there are 4 professions druggists, grocer, butcher, policeman. find out who is who?
1) clark and jones are neighbours and they drive each other to work.
2) jones earns more than mason
3) the police man earns more than the druggists .
4) the policeman does not have a druggists as a neighbour.
5) the butcher walks to work
6) policeman does not meet the grocer until he arrests him for commiting an offence
7) clark beats smith every time they play cricket.
Ans: smith - policeman
clark - druggist
7) Goerge said.."i bought yellow banabnas @ 30 cents/bunch and the same number of red bananas @ 40 cents /each. If i had divided the money evenly then i would have got 2 bunches" to Mr.James and he asked george "What is the amount?" George replied "you hav to tell me the amount". Can you find what is the amount.
8) There are three children ann,eve and carl..
"Ann wears blue if and only if eve wears red,carl and ann cannot wear blue at a time n either eve or carl can wear red at a time not both" Which color dress does ann wear?
9) SLOWCOACH express starts from Mumbai to Amritsir everyday at 9:00hrs and the up n down journey takes 3 days and after 3 days it reach its destination at 9:30hrs.Suppose you are travelling in that express how many trains can you observe with the same name..
10) There where two people Henry,Ford and their wives ..Georrgian and Eifel ..who seated on a square table,and they had few instruments in their hand like violin..trumpet..etc...and few conditions were given..like
Person who sits opp. to Henry plays trumpet...
Find who plays violin.
This is not the exact question
My interview was in 10:40 slot...but i was called at about 4:15PM...so guys remember if u r attending off campus then they will make u wait...
The pannel consisted two men who wre above 45. I had stress kind of interview.
I was asked to keep my certificates and resume...aside.
I was not asked to introduce myself (thats the only chance u get speak abt ur accomplishements)
One person was asking questions and the other was observing...be careful....u have to make an eye contact with both of them.
He asked about my fathers occupation...then asked to speak abt my final year project.
I had done an internship in TCS and I started speaking abt that.... I just mentioned few points and i was abt to get into a flow ...he stopped me and asked y did TCS did not absorb u...I replied its the policy of TCS that they do not recruit interns....
Then he asked y I did not join JKC...as my college was center for JKC recruitment (It was difficlt for me to convince them)..
Then he asked to chose a topic and talk on that....I chose "MY CAMPUS LIFE".. I chose this because i thought i wud get a chance to speak abt my self... but then again he stopped in middle and asked me to speak only abt CAMPUS LIFE and not abt myself.
Then he gave me a puzzle....I was asked to fill a square with no.s ranging from 1-9...such tat the total should be same...He asked me where wud i start from..i said middle square....and then we had few arguements there.
Then he asked me to ask him a question...
I asked him ...y Infosys is not in product devlopment.....
He replied.."YOU R HERE FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH INFY...AND THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO ASK SUCH QUESTION...HAVING SAID SO...I WUD ANSWER UR QUESTION"
HE ANSWERED ...
I SAID...I AM sorry...
THEY BOTH LAUGHED AND SAID THAT WAS ASKED TO SEE MY REACTION.
Then i asked where wud be my posting....he said that wud depend on business requirements.... he asked if u have any location constraint ..he would write it there...
I said i dont have any preference. he repeated it twice...
So guys appear confident....be honest.....
If u have any queries contact me at email@example.com
ALL THE BEST