Infosys Technologies Limited
(1) 9 cards are there. u have to arrange them in a 3*3 matrix. cards are of 4 colors.they are red,yellow,blue,green. conditions for arrangement: one red card must be in first row or second row.2 green cards should be in 3rd column.Yellow cards must be in the 3 corners only. Two blue cards must be in the 2nd row. Atleast one green card in each row. Solution:
Yello Red Gren
Blu Blu Gren
Yello Gren Yello
2. 4 cards are placed on a table, each card has two colors. U don't know the color of the back side of eachcard.4 persons A B C and D are sitting on the table before the cards. They can see Red, Green Red and blue .Out of the 4 poeple 2 always lie. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment
B: Neither Blue/nor Green
D: Blue/ Yello
find out the color on the other side of the 4 cards.
3.Red and brown tribes [FROM BARRONS GRE] Conditions to get married with each other.
4. Venn diagram regarding Rich, muscular, soft-skinned, employed, etc.,( Refer BARRONS GRE GUIDE)
1. SAKUNTALA DEVI'S PUZZLE BOOK : PUZZLES TO PUZZLE YOU. problem no: 3. ( Brothers and Sisters) A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there?
Ans: 4 boys and 3 girls.
2. No. of animals is 11 more than the no. of birds. If the no. of birds were the no. of animals and no. of animals were the no. of birds( ie., interchanging no.s of animals and birds.), the total no. of legs get reduced by one fifth (1/5). How many no. of birds and animals were there?
3. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured?
Ans: 22 + 2+ 1 = 25.
5. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each. Last digit is 3 times the first one. 3 rd digit is 3 less than the second. 4 th digit is 4 more than the second one. Find the digit.
Ans : 25296.
6. There are five thieves, each loot a bakery one after the other such that the first one takes 1/2 of the total no. of the breads plus 1/2 of a bread. Similarly 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5fth also did the same. After the fifth one no. of breads remained are 3. Initially how many breads were there?
Ans : 31.
7. ESCALATOR PROBLEM OF SAKUNTALA DEVI 'PUZZLES TO PUZZLE'book. Problem No: Problem 27( Down the escalator)
Ans : the no of steps in the stair way : 46.
8. Harbour line and Main line Problem of Sakuntala Devi Puzzle book.
Ans : 4/5.
9. There are some chicken in a poultry. They are fed with corn One sack of corn will come for 9 days.The farmer decides to sell some chicken and wanted to hold 12 chicken with him. He cuts the feed by 10% and sack of corn comes for 30 days. So initially how many chicken are there?
10.Two people X & Y walk on the wall of a godown in opposite direction. They meet at a point on one side and then go ahead. X after walking for some time, walks in opposite direction for 15 mtrs.Then again he turns back and walks in the original direction. What distance did Y walk before they met again, if X walks 11 mtrs by the time Y walks 8 mtrs.