I am Sowjanya from G.PULLA REDDY ENGG COLLEGE, KURNOOL. Hope this helps you get thru Sierra, I have attended to Sierra through JKC.
Eligibility criteria is above 70%
Rounds r (there is non negative marking)
1.Written 2.G.D 3.Technical 4.H.R
This company contains 3 sections in Written Test
2.English Language Test-50q
Paper was v.lengthy each section contains 50 questions but v.easy.
Total Aptitude questions come from R.S. Agarwal from all chapters there is no scope to leave atleast one chapter also they touched all chapters i.e.atleast one question from each chapter like
1) A bird shooter was asked how many birds he had in the bag he replied that there were all sparrows but six, all pigeons but six, all ducks but six how many birds had he in all?
Sol. "There were all sparrows but six" means that 6 birds were not all sparrows but Only pigeons and ducks. Similarly, no of sparrows plus no of ducks equal to six and no of sparrows plus no of ducks equal to six. this is possible when there r 3 sparrows, 3 pigeons, 3 ducks. i.e. 9 birds in all.
2) The avg weight of 3 men A, B,and C is 84 kgs another man D joined the group and the avg now becomes 80. if another man E whose weight is 3 kgs more than that of D replaces A then the avg weight of B,C,D,E becomes 79 kgs. The weight of A is?
a)70kgs b)72kgs c)75kgs d)80kgs
3) A Student was asked to find the value of 3/8th of sum of money. The student made a mistake by dividing the sum by 3/8 and thus got an answer which exceeed the correct answer by 55 the correct answer was?
a)9 b)18 c) 24 d)64
4) 4 Childrens A,B,C,D divided a bag of sweets. A takes 1/3 of them, B 2/5th of the remaining and the rest is equally shared between C&D what fraction of the sweets that C&D get?
a)1/4 b)1/5 c) 1/6 d)1/17
Sol. A's share =1/3, remainder=1-1/3=2/3
B's share=2/5 of 2/3=4/15 rest =2/3-4/15=2/5
C's share=D's share=1/2 of 2/5=1/5.
5) 12 men working 8hrs per day complete piece of work in 10 days. to complete the same work in 8 days, working 15hrs a day, the no of men required is ?
sol) Let req no of men=x
7) In profit and loss question like find gain% or loss% like
If the cost price of 11 articles is equal to s.p of 10 articles, what is profit/loss percent?
Sol: 10% profit
8) In percentages like rohit spends 40% of sal on food, 20% on h.rent, 10% on entertainment, 10% on conveyance. saving end of month is 1500 find monthly sal?
And remaining from time and work, time and distance,boats and streams, mixtures and alligation, pipes and cisterns, S.I, C.I, permutarions combinations, probability, clocks, calendars
In calendars like
Friday, Saturday, Sunday comes 4 times in the month of June, then what is the day of next month of 20th?
Sol) its easy find Friday or Saturday or Sunday of june by checking randomly.. its easy to find. first see 30 or 31 days in june, where we do mistake.
After completion fo time they will take ur aptitude papers and gives English lang test papers
It is some what tough, most of questions in GRE model. In this
2.Fill the blanks with the appropriate word-6
3.Some r like
Choose the most logical order of sentences, from among the 4 givechoices, to construct para
A.This was where he went wrong
B.Mr.naville,on the other hand, was slowiy And steadily gathering support among the dissenters
C.Mr.sarati thought tha t all the upheaval against him was only a storm in a tea cup
D.Mr.sarathi was totally taken by surprise
(1)CABD (2)DABC (3)ADBC (4)BDAC
6.Correction of the sentences
7.First and last sentence is given correct and in middle sentences r in wrong order we have to keep them in correct order.
After taking this they will give technical paper
In this it contains C, C++, and Java questions
From Java 4 or 5 questions from JSP i.e programs on them
I didn't attempt them.. remaining r v.easy like
1.diff betw malloc and calloc
Some options given below
2.Use of vitual function
3.Use of vitual destructor
4.Use of macro; ans is to replace code with other
7. What is the use of constant keyword before pointer variable
8. Some questions on local and global variables
9. 1 question on scopresolution operator
10. Some questions on packages, most questions on threads
These r the questions which I remeber
After qualyfing in written they will ask u to write the story of the recently seen film with in 10 minutes, after that g.d will be there, which is the most elimination round.
For us in each team 6 members r there, in my team 2 members r selected from among 6, And my topic is LOVE MARRIAGES. If we follow simple things in g.d like initiation, eye contact, good conclusion, qualifying in g.d is easy.
After qualifying in G.D actually technical interview is there in SIERRA but for us ther is no technical interview (may be time is not sufficient for them becoz it comes through jkc they completed all rounds in 1 day)
Directly we have H.R interview which is an easy round
Some of the questions which I faced are
1.Tell me abt u r self
2.Abt ur family
3.In which position u want to be after 5 years
3.Do u have more friends, I said yes then they ask why ur friends like u
4.If u quarrel with ur friend what u will do
like these questions they asked
Finally I was selected.