I have taken up the online test on June 23. the test contains three sections.
The first section is the Verbal part. This section has 30 questions. The time limit is 20 minutes. There are 10 synonyms, 10 antonyms, a passage is given and we have to fill up the blanks. Then a comprehension. Some students got all the words form high frequency word list in gre.barrons book.
The second section is the quantitative Aptitude .there was 38 questions and time limit is 40 mins. all the questions were repeated form previous paper. it is enough if we look at the old papers.
The questions pattern is
1. Complete the series.
26, 63, ----, 226..
2. A set of angles for a triangle were given and I was asked to find which one does Not represent a triangle.
3. in a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element Occupying 2 bytes of memory, with the address of the first Element X (1, 1) is 3000, find the ending address of X (8, 5).
4. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third And forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are Interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth? Letter from right?
5. Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
6. Select the odd one out a. WAP b. HTTP c. BAAN d. ARP
7. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the Program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of The program is increased by 1% then how much memory now Occupied?
8. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 Days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 Days and in how many days child can do the same work?
9. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
10. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes "double" And + denotes "change of sign".
11. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes Modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M (373, 5) +R (3.4) +T (7.7) +R (5.4)
12. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 Meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant Opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power Unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter And cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/- per meter. Find the Total of laying the cable.
13. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a. 3i+2j b.2i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j
14. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel? economy if they were used combined.
15. A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Find (A-B) U C.
16. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination which is in North West direction. Given the latitude and longitude of source and destination. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there?
17. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
18. (Momentum*Velocity)/ (Acceleration * distance) find units.
19. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
7, 0, 7,0,7,0
7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7
7, 7, 0,-7, 0,-7
20. Match the following.
1. Brother - sister ---> a. Part of
2. Alsatian - dog ---> b. Sibling
3. Sentence - paragraph ---> c. Type of
4. Car - steering ---> d. Not a type of
Ans. 1-b, 2-c, 3-a, 4-d
21. A question from Venn diagram. It was simple.
22. A pie chart was given and a bar chart was given. 4 questions asked from that. (22-25 questions)
26. G(0)=-1, G(1)=1, G(N)=G(N-1) + G(N-2), G(4)= ?
27. What is the max possible 3 digit prime number?
28. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as ......
I'm not able to recollect the remaining 11 questions.
The third section is the Critical Reasoning part. there were three questions. each having four sub divisions. So totally 12 questions.the time limit is 30 minutes.
After completing the test the result will be immediately flashed on the screen.
On the next day we had the Technical interview and HR interview.
The people who came for recruitment from TCS were friendly. There were around 4 panels each for technical and HR interview. In my technical interview panel there was a lady and a man. The questions which were asked to me during technical interview were.
1.Tell me about yourself.
2. They asked me to explain about my paper presentation.
3. They asked me whether I know C.
I said I can rate myself as 6-7 on a scale of 10.
4. He asked me to write a program using pointers in linked lists.
I told I cannot write a program but I can explain them about linked lists.
5. They asked me to explain single and double linked lists.
Explained them using a paper.
6. They asked me what an operating system is.
7. They asked me what compiler constants are.
I said I don't know.
8. They asked me what the computer subjects we had in our syllabus were.
I told im from ECE department. I said we had C lab, data structures and computer communication networks.
9. They asked me the protocol used for internet.
10. They asked me to write down the names of different protocols knew.
Answered. wrote in the paper.
11. They asked me the name of protocol used for e-mail.
I told I don't know.
12. Whether I will go abroad?
13. They asked me why TCS?
I told them thank you and gave a shake hand and left the place with Confidence.
After 5 minutes a lady told me that I was selected for the HR interview and she gave me a form and asked me to fill the necessary details.
After my technical interview I was waiting for around 3 hrs. Then I was called for my HR interview.
I went inside the room. The HR Person said sorry for the delay. He asked me whether I was waiting for a long time told him no problem its ok with a smile.
He asked me to start the interview. So I told him that I shall tell about me. He asked me to tell about my paper presentation. (Actually he wanted me to divert). I explained my paper. later he asked me questions from that.
He asked me why u took up engineering.
He asked me whether I had any questions for him.
I asked him whether the training is separate for each department of engineering.
I asked him whether TCS takes up any electronic projects.
At night 1:35am the results were announced. I got selected for TCS.
I wish everyone ALL THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!