This Siva Krishna.Aluri from RVR&JC COLLEGE OF ENGG studying M.C.A (final year). On 9th June,2008 TCS conducted campus interviews on my college. On 9th June, there was written examination. It was online Examination has three sections,Don't miss pre placement talk. I is very nice and u have a chance to know about TCS. This gives more aspiration for this company
There will be three section
1. English 32 ques 20min
2. Aptitude section 38ques 40 min.
3. Critical Reasoning 12ques 30min.
FOR TCS EXAMINATION U NEED GRE BARRON'S (strictly 12th edition).
This section consists of 10 synonyms, 20 antonyms, 6 questions on sentence completion and 6 question on comprehension passage.
For this section you have to prepare from
1. Barron?s GRE high frequency word list.
2. Barron?s GRE antonym questions.
3. Barron?s GRE sentence completion questions.
4. Barron?s GRE reading comprehension questions.
Prepare above all properly because they repeat questions from previous papers. They exactly give the passage from Barron?s GRE (Mainly from 12th edition).Even they do not change the values.My advise is first choose passage , sentence correction and finally concentration on antonyms
For aptitude just go for previous papers only.
All ques were repeated from previous years. Practice all previous years ques and you will sail through by this section only. Prepare the following ques well:
1. Standard deviation problem
2. g(0)=1 g(1)= -1 g(6)=?
3. File transfer in bucket problem
4. Aero plane with latitude and longitude problem
5. River and power cable problem
6. Orthogonal pair problem
7. Power of 2/ power of 3 problem
8. x and y values are given. Relation between them
9. Edges, faces, vertices of a cube
10. Class mark final mark problem
11. Picking odd ones out from computer terms
12. Modular, truncation, round off problem
13. Division of physics terms and finding end unit
14. Word coding
15. Largest prime number to fit in a given bit memory
3. Critical reasoning
Prepare all 5 model test papers FROM GRE-Barrons (strictly 12th edition) critical reasoning part. Questions are cut, copy, paste from that book .prepare this part very well.its MUST.My advise is don't believe u r own strength. By heart them. U need to identify the answers when u see the question or problem. Becoz Solution at exam time is very difficult. And u must prepare problems which have four questions first and then u chooses others.
NOTE: WITHOUT GRE-BARRONS (12th EDITION) ITS VERY VERY DIFFICULT TO CLEAR THE WRITTEN TEST. Go for previous papers. Prepare above mentioned area well u will defiantly success
2. TECHNICAL (T.R.).
For this round u need basic knowledge on c, c++, dbms, os, data structures and software engineering.
In my technical round
1.tell me about u self.( they decide what type of questions to ask with u r answer be care full and be prepare )
2. he ask a program on ds (ie circular double linked list).
3. os concepts
4. questions on dbms.
5. why tcs
6. u have an offer a company with 50,000 what u do.
7. any question
It was an half an hour interview. for interview success u need positive thinking and confidence more over fair answers. U r good at this round It will benefit to u r next rounds and will normally. For me there is no M R round only HR round.
For me it was 15 min. I didn't face any difficulties for this round.
1. Prepare your resume with utmost care.
2. Refer to papers on this site .These are really very beneficial.
3. Greet them well when u go for inter-view.
4. Keep smiling.
5. Eye-contact is very important.
6. Do not argue. Remember they know much more than u do. Be polite.
7. They will be very nice and will try keep u calm.
8. Do not give excuses. just BE CONFIDENT when u answer. Confidence is most important .Also be careful with your mobile phones. TCS looks 4 discipline
And also u need to prepare Who is chairman, CEO, CFO, COO of TCS, BOARD of directors, Company's MISSION, VISION and VALUES, Target achieved by company during last few yrs, position of company in IT field etc.
Finally I got selected into TCS. GOOD LUCK MY FRIENDS