73. What is the difference between the String and StringBuffer classes?
String objects are constants. StringBuffer objects are not constants.
74. If a variable is declared as private, where may the variable be accessed?
A private variable may only be accessed within the class in which it is declared.
75. What is an object's lock and which object's have locks?
An object's lock is a mechanism that is used by multiple threads to obtain synchronized access to the object. A thread may execute a synchronized method of an object only after it has acquired the object's lock.
All objects and classes have locks. A class's lock is acquired on the class's Class object.
76. What is the Dictionary class?
The Dictionary class provides the capability to store key-value pairs.
77. How are the elements of a BorderLayout organized?
The elements of a BorderLayout are organized at the borders (North, South, East, and West) and the center of a container.
78. What is the % operator?
It is referred to as the modulo or remainder operator. It returns the remainder of dividing the first operand by the second operand.