31. Name two paging states for a page in memory?
The two paging states are:
32. What are the phases of swapping a page from the memory?
33. What is page fault? Its types?
Page fault refers to the situation of not having a page in the main memory when any process references it. There are two types of page fault :
34. In what way the Fault Handlers and the Interrupt handlers are different?
Fault handlers are also an interrupt handler with an exception that the interrupt handlers cannot sleep. Fault handlers sleep in the context of the process that caused the memory fault. The fault refers to the running process and no arbitrary processes are put to sleep.
35. What is validity fault?
If a process referring a page in the main memory whose valid bit is not set, it results in validity fault. The valid bit is not set for those pages:
36. What does the swapping system do if it identifies the illegal page for swapping?
If the disk block descriptor does not contain any record of the faulted page, then this causes the attempted memory reference is invalid and the kernel sends a "Segmentation violation" signal to the offending process. This happens when the swapping system identifies any invalid memory reference.